Thursday, February 14, 2008

What did Johane say when we had finshed bathing dressing and having breakfast?
Vis itaa Lyn da?
I told her no..that you had run away with that delightfully impressive and pursuavive gentleman from last night who wanted a ride in the car at 2:30 AM (?)
She's enjoying Libs Barbies and she is grinning from ear to ear. She loved her Bitty Baby. She was especially enthralled with the open-close eyes. She loves the american toilets that flush.
She broke my heart and almost had me in tears as she started singing in English along with my CD....open the eyes of my heart Lord, I want to see you. Especially meaningful in a half blind child.
I've had a talk with her about the evils of smoking and she's promised to quit. (Bad pollution in port-au-prince and she has a smokers cough in the AM that hasn't cleared yet). We'll turn it around for her.
She wasn't sure about the tub but is making the transition well enough. I think we washed off a half ton of haitian soil. Whoah...I had to scrub out Libs tub before Lib got home., she would have killed me, she is such a neat-nick.
Her size 10 Jeans fit pretty well, a tad big in the waist. The 7-8 jogging suit fits, 2 skirts we bought did not fit at all. She had liked them. Some shirts fit, some don't. It really varies.
And that little woman can really swing a broom. She helped me sweep the kitchen floor, but like a haitian. I kept thinking that with that swing of hers I should start her into golf. We had a little trouble with the dustpan concept.
She loved the snow but would prefer that it not be soo cold. She covered her face with her hands whenever we went out.
She was originally afraid of the cats but pas grif, (no claws) reasured her. She did comment that they are grand. I guess theyre just not that big in haiti. I would be tempted to agree. She was impressed that "ou chat parle ou." ( My cat talks to me.) I didn't tell her that they only speak with me when they chose to tho.
She liked oatmeal with cerise. She smiles at me when I speak french instead of creole and (rarely) will venture to correct me. But "the look" gives me the message and if I correct myself she will tell me "wee". She met Pastor John and Madame Phyllis.
Was busy all day But still said that she was fa ti gue. Loved the ride in the PT cruiser. She loved the church and we stopped in to see Hope and say Hi to the kids.
She shared her candy with Elizabeth. (my daughter). Spit her pear peels on the floor so I pealed them for her. She is a funny bunny.
Needs some skin care. Eczema-real bad in spots.
Very charming young lady. I am blessed.
Cynthia

1 comment:

angela said...

cynthia, a little warning:
many haitians believe cats to be spirits. some believe that evil humans can become cats at night. so, just so you know, she may have some legitimate fears about the cat depending on what lies she has been raised with.
it sounds like you're really enjoying having her there and that's wonderful! i pray everything goes well!