Sunday, February 24, 2008

Haa low? Haa low?

Haa low? Haa low?
Johane has tried numerous times to use the telephone and call her family in haiti. Since she doesn't know the international code, I am spared the challenge of hiding all the phones. She seemed very thoughtful today and kept asking me "something" . I tried very hard to figure it out. We even wrote it out so I could look it up.
I believe she wanted to talk with her family. I ran it past papa Gran (Dennis) and he responded with, you know, that isn't an unreasonable request at all. Lets try it.

I don't know what it cost...but some things are priceless. Like hearing her fathers voice saying Haa low? haa low? Johane? Kouman ou ye? (How are you?) Then they talked for a bit. Wi, M'wen kontan (yes, I'm happy).

A little later, the phone rang again...a florida call? Hello? In a heavily accented voice I realized that it was a haitian family member (Mom or sissy or both). Let me get Johane pou ou (for you).

My little haitian princess was happy as a clam. After she hung up she climbed into my lap for a little snuggle time. I think she really misses her family. I know that she usually sleeps with her twin in a family bed. How brave and daring of her to be in America.
Thank you Lord for this brave little girl and her willingness to be in a land, not her own. Bless and keep her Lord, and give her the desires of her heart.
Thank-you Jesus. Amen

No comments: