Sunday, February 17, 2008

Kleenex warning - you're going to need them!!!

Cynthia says: I am going to try to present Johanes journey from an 8 year old point of view if I can. This will reflect what I preceive as my little princess takes these big steps.

Johane's day: Friday was a busy day for me. So many things to do! We went to the market (walgreens) and to the store for christians (pathway). I saw a movie there with a caterpillar that spoke in english. It was cute but I wonder what the man and caterpillar were saying. My Gran Cynthia bought me some musik. It had one of my favorite songs on it. Open the eyes of my heart. My Gran played it for me. It is so quiet in Michigan, not at all like haiti. In haiti there is lots of loud sounds always! I turned the musik up louder. Gran turned it down and left the little box on the table...so I turned it back up again. Gran and I did this several times. It was almost like a game. I played with the puzzles and noticed that the musik got quiter again then I looked and saw Gran slip something into her pocket. I think it might have been the black box, because I couldn't find it after that to turn the musik back up.
I had Mamba (peanut butter) for lunch.
It was an exciting day. I was going to go and vi si taa Olivia and play. I am also going to see the American doctor to see if my eye can be fixed. I am very excited about this. I have been hoping and praying to God to heal my eye. My papa and mama have prayed so long for this. Gran laughed because I told her I was ex cit taa to see Doktor.
I had fun with Olivia. It was nice to be with someone who was also a child and could play. She lent me some puzzles. I had trouble with them at first but am learning how to do them. I think that there must be a system to them but I haven't learned that yet....but I am getting closer to figuring it out.
Then it was time to see the doktor! Ex cit taa!! Oh I am so excited. He was so nice to me when I came to visit. And Sissy (Carsen) will be there to talk with me in creole. Everyone was so nice to me. I tried so hard to do everything they asked of me. So many big machines, bright lights, medicines in the eyes. I was as brave as I could be. Sissy helped so much. She explained everything to me. Dr. Houser spoke so kind to me. I wasn't afraid of him at all. This was an important visit. I knew it. Will you be able to help me? Can you fix my eye? I want to look like my twin Johanna. No-one teases or stares at her.
I saw the most funny thing! The Docktor sat me down and a pretty woman came and took out part of her eye! It was amazement! Then she put it back in! Whoa---ah! I pushed back in my chair I was so surprised. Then she did it again!
She had Sissy tell me that she wanted to do that to me! To Me? Yes to me! It felt odd to me.
Then I saw the most wonderful thing! In the mirror was Johane Dort, me, with TWO BROWN EYES ! I AM PRETTY. Its true. Look at me. Just like my sister. The circle was not quite right tho. It was still white. Sissy told me that Dr. Houser would fix it so that the circle would be black like my other eye. Could I learn to wear this funny eye hat (called a con-tac).? Wee! I could, please! I asked Sissy "would my left eye look like my right eye then"? Sissy says wee, just like your right eye. Realy and truly? Yes. I was so happy that I was bouncing in the chair. I will have brown eyes with a black (noir) circle. Thank-you Jesus! Merci Doktor, merci Sissy, Merci Doktors helpers.
My contacts will come pita (later). I was soo happy! So happy. Then Doktors helpers gave me a Kadoo (present). It had two pretty dolls in it made of cloth. They were so pretty. I know that I will have fun sharing them with my sisters. Merci everyone, Merci. Ti bo (kiss on the cheek) for ou and ou and ou (you).
Sissy and Gran took some pictures then I had to give up my contact, but I felt pretty!

Gran and Doctor had a very serious conversation. Gran looked a little sad but said that God might still deliver a miracle yet. I will need more testing. I might have surgery, I might not. The testing will tell if the way is clear for my eye to work.
Don't they know that miracles have already happened. I am in America, I am living with my American Gran in a mansion, she loves me, and today for the first time in my life I saw myself with two brown eyes. I have never seen out of that eye that I can remember. I may never, but TODAY I had brown eyes and I was pretty. Thank you Jesus. I am a happy girl.

1 comment:

It's Gonna Be Me said...

Totally crying here as I read this from sweet Johane's perspective! We continue to pray as you travel down God's path of miracles!

Thank you Carsen for being such an important part of this journey, as well!

Blessings!
Colleen