Saturday, February 16, 2008

Bonjou My name is Johane Dort I am 8 years old and live in Petion-ville near
Port-au-Prince Haiti There are 8 children in my family. My mother and father have been together always. I have a baby sister that was born in November 2007.
My birthday is April 25th, 1999 and I share that date with my twin sister, Johanna. I look like my daddy. My twin sister Johanna looks more like my mommy.
There are two sets of twins in my family. My family loves me very much. We are christian. My favorite prayer is The lords prayer. I say it at night before bed and at meals. I love to sing. My favorite songs are My Jesus my savior, and open the eyes of my heart Lord. I sing those two in English. I speak creole, I read french. I am in the fourth grade in haiti. I wear a uniform to school.
Johanna and I were both small but healthy at birth. I developed an eye infection at about 5-6 months of age, I was treated with medicine but the infection caused my eye to turn blanc (white). I can't see out of it at all. People say I'm pretty, but they always look at my eye. I don't remember ever having normal eyes like my twin sister.
I love to help. I know how to sweep and wash dishes. I like to help my mother. She is very busy in our home caring for us. I like to color and my favorite color is (vert) green.
My father says that I am a very good eater. I like meat and rice and fruits. I will have a second helping if invited to. I like some vegetables too.

No comments: