Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Tuesday, February 19th, 2008

I did it! I finaly won one with my little haitian princess. I wore her out for a change! That makes the score: Johane 20....Gran 1
It's 7:30 AM and she's still snoring. I am dressed and showered and ready for another day of adventure.
We're trialing the day care for her today. I need to return to work on Wednesday--tomorrow.
I was afraid that she might have trouble leaving me. When we first visited someone to play she didn't leave the car until she was sure that I was coming too.
Not so today...Bye-bye! Did I mention that obviously I am b-o-r-i-n-g? Seriously tho, since she comes from such a large family (8 children) and haiti, she is used to chaos, noise and stimulation.
She discovered the car alarm. What is with this child and alarms?
She was thrilled when she hit the lock button and it beeped. I had accidently scared her with that a couple of times. So she did it repeatedly. Then she saw the rouge (red button.
beep, beep,beep, beep. Hey isn't that cool? It beeps all by itself.
Grand-parenting:
I want to take a moment and ask God to bless all the grandparents caring for their grandchildren. What an awesome thing you are doing. I will only have this little princess for a few short months but am feeling the effects of being with a bright inquisitive mind. God bless you for stepping into the role of parent for your grandchildren. May God give you every thing you need to run the race and accomplish your task.
Prayer needs:
I was asked "How can we pray for you?" The desires of my heart are a miracle for this little lady, enough energy to walk this journey with her, and the gift of tongue: particularly the language of haitian-creole. I am learning it faster than I thought possible. It's amazing how much repitition helps
Grans friends:
She loved going and meeting all my friends at church and at my work. Everyone was so very kind. She now knows where I will be going on Wed, Thur, Fri. I have been telling her all week that I have to go back to work. She had looked worried at first, but hasn't been the least bit worried since she visited Heathers house of children. I think this is going to provide her with the stimulation and consistancy that she needs.

OK, YES !!
She has a ready sense of humor. She was writing another note ...in creole...for me this time. She was giggling like crazy as she was writing it. She finished it and then said Clear as day 'OK...YES!!" Dennis and I almost fell over laughing. Dennis said "Did she just say what I thought she said?" Oh yes she did. It was awesome! Even tho I couldn't read the whole note, we were obviously laughing appropriately.

Her trial at daycare just stretched into an afternoon of playtime. She was having such a good time. I think she will probably make the transition of me going back to work OK. (duh) The big question is...will I ? Thank-you for your prayers. Johanes Gran.

No comments: