Monday, February 18, 2008

Saturday, February 16

Machines!
Goot Morning! Gran invited me to sit in her big bed this morning and we looked at a book with beautiful dolls. She read me a story and we had a nice breakfast.
We mostly stayed at home today watching TV, playing puzzles, and singing.
My Grans daughter Elizabeth played playdough with me while gran took a shower.
I discovered the most amazing ma chines in Grans house!
There is a ma chine that washes the dishes. First I wash them with 6 pumps of soap and a cloth then Gran takes them away from me...rinses them off and puts them into a big
ma chine. When it is full..she puts a tablet in it and pushes a button and it makes swishy noises. Later the dishes are clean. It is amazing. We always wash the dishes with a cloth at home. But we don't have so many dishes as my gran has.

You can get water from a big white machine. Its funny, and it doesn't make sense. The sink is on one side of the room and the machine is on the other side.
I asked my gran if I could eat the glass (ice) that fell into the car when we were driving. She said no that it wasn't clean and that she could get me glass (ice) to eat at home. She is always telling me later for things. It is good that I am so patient. She got a glass and took it to the BIG white ma chine. She pushed a button and ice pieces flew out of the machine into the glass.
She changed the button and Dlo (water) came out. I drank it all. Then I got some more. Many pieces of ice flew on the floor. My gran picked them up. Oops, when I got water it squirted all over my hand and down the front of the ma chine and onto the floor. Gran cleaned it up. I filled many things with ice and water that day. I drank A LOT of water so I could have more and use the ma chine again. What a good game. Gran says she is OLD and boring and called a friend to see if I could play there tomorrow. Poor Gran.

FIRE ALARM IN THE HOUSE
I found switches all over the house. It is wonderful! You push the switch and it always works. Not like in haiti! In haiti it only works when the government turns on the power. In america it just always seems to work! It is fun. On-off-on-off-on-off Just like a game!

I found a new switch that I hadn't tried yet. Whoa---ah!!! A fire appeared in the wall box! Just like that! I turned it off and on and off and on and off and on...many times. Then suddenly a loud squeal started in the ceiling! What was that? Gran and Papa Gran looked a little annoyed but not scared like I felt. Elizabeth called downstairs to see if everything was OK. Gran said It's OK.
Then Gran and papa Gran opened doors on each side of the house. The air smelled funny--not nice. Why did they open the doors? Didn't they know that it was so fre (cold) outside. The siren sound finally went away again. Oh good now I could do the switch again. NOPE...I guess not. Gran said no.
After Gran shut the doors she told me PAS TOUCHE (Don't touch) This time she did not add... si vous pleaz (if you please) . She wasn't angry....just very very tired today. I don't know why
She told me that I was her silly bunny and that she loved me. Then she said bath and bed for me. She was complaining to papa gran something about being OLD and boring. I wonder what that was all about!
Grans house. It is a fun place to be. Bon Nuit! (Good night) Johane Dort

No comments: