Friday, April 4, 2008

Time in the Fast and Slow lane

Tomorrow we will have two weeks until we return to Haiti. Johane is getting very excited about going home. She's also been more posessive of me and my time. I get more kisses and snuggles.
Poor Dennis...she smiles and practices waving at him and says "bye,bye Papa" with a big grin on her face. This amazes me since they are the best of buddies. They still watch TV together and she loves to go with him for rides in the car. I suppose that a little lady who can walk away from her family with a wave and a good-bye can easily do so with a pseudo-papa of less than 3 months. Then again maybe practicing makes it a little easier.
She's excited about packing and has seen me getting some things together. She was very worried that we would miss getting something for her little brother ChristonLee. She is much happier since I did a bit of "boy "shopping.
She's been to a Selah concert and to a Loons baseball game now. She is looking forward to riding a horse on the 12th of April with the two chaplains from covenant. The rumor is that then we might go to Chucky Cheese's for lunch. I'm sure she would enjoy that.
She is very excited about being home for her "fet" (Birthday) on April 25th. I will still be in haiti. I would love to attend, if invited. That would be a lovely goodbye.
I think she knows that she is staying in haiti and that I am not. She makes a pouty face whenever we talk about it so I hope that means that she "gets" it.
The time has passed both too fast and at times too slow. What an exciting adventure it has been. I think I'll just keep on enjoying it until the ride comes to a full and complete stop. Fasten your seat belts, we're on the last few laps! God Bless, Cynthia

No comments: