Wednesday, July 2, 2008

TRUST AND FAITH - The first test

The first Midland team has returned from Haiti with news of Johane. It was not what I had hoped to hear though. She looked good. They got to spend time with Johane and her sister Johana. Johane had a fever, was tired and was limping. She wasn't quite her sweet energetic self. The following morning defined the issue. She had a severely infected knee that had formed a boil. It was red, hot painful and swollen. One of the Doctors opened and drained it to get the pus out. They put her on antibiotics so that it would clear the infection.
I am worried since she had a severe infection when she first came to me in February.
Needless to say, I am concerned and will recheck her when I go on the August trip.
God used this information and time of worry to speak to me as the tears were rolling down my face.

The conversation went something like this:
Lord, I should have been on that trip.
Why Cynthia? You didn't need to be there because........ I was.

She could have gotten a severe septic infection and died!
Yes....I know...that's why I sent the team to her when I did.

But Lord, I love that little girl, what if something happens to her? Maybe I should have kept her in Michigan.
I love her more, it was time for her to return to her family in Haiti, she is mine, and IF something happens to her, she will come home to live with me.

Lord...are you telling me I need to trust that you'll take care of her...even in Haiti?
Yes, Cynthia, even in Haiti. Haven't I done just that for 9 years? Don't I do that for you when you're there?

Yes Lord, you do. I need to trust that you'll take care of her when I'm there and even when I'm not, don't I? Lord, I will try. Please accept this prayer.
Lord God, take care of my Johane, even in Haiti. Lord, I place her in your divine, capable hands, in Jesus's name. Amen.

This is the confidence we have in approaching God: that if we ask anything according to his will, he hears us. And if we know that he hears us--whatever we ask---we know that we have what we asked of him. 1 John 5: vs. 14-15

God is faithful. God Bless your week. Please keep Johane and her family in your prayers
Cynthia

No comments: