Monday, June 2, 2008

Double Your Pleasure

I got to have the time of my life. On Friday we took a trip into the mountains to the Baptist mission. Papa Joel brought both girls to me to stay the night and spend the day with me. I never laughed so much. The girls are no longer the same size. Johana is wearing size 4-6T and my Johane is wearing size 12. Johane is now taller as well. Seeing the twins together was a delight. They had hand clap games they did. They played well in the pool. They had childrens rhymes they said. It was wonderful to have them both. They giggled and played and laughed. I taught them how to swim under water. We played motor-boat, motor boat go so slow...etc in the pool. They played chuckie-chuckie-chuckie...a rhyme in creole. They got on well with all of that. We did puzzles. Played Barbies. Johane showed Johana her albums and pictures.
Johana whipped Matt at dominos twice. Very competitive. He did something wrong and got cussed out in creole also. That little woman runs a very tight domino game. They slept well and were a delight to have. Johane taking her contact out was a bit of a shock to the family. (tee-hee). Johana said she was glad to have her twin sister back...but that she spoke funny now and she didn't understand her so well, most of the time.
Both twins are very good eaters, but Johana gets car-sick very, very easily and so food does not stay put, long enough to do her any good.
Johane had a good time in the mountains. Johana did not (poor thing). We went to a little zoo. Ate lunch at the cafe. The pizza was Pah-Bon (Not good). Johane wanted American pizza and this kind tasted more like parmesean or artifical mozzarella. Johanas car-sickness stuck with her all day. Neither twin ate what they ordered. Johanna tossed-her-cookies in the zip-lock barf bag we brought along both up and down the mountain and later that evening. Poor baby. She was whipped out.
It was late when we got through for the evening so I kept them a second night. Johane enjoyed it. Johana did not. She was weak and dehydrated and not looking forward to the car ride to the orphanage or in the tap-tap for the way home. She layed around for a good part of the morning until Mama and Papa picked her up. I got a weak hug and kiss from Johana...a big kiss and long hug from Johane.
I found out that it cost them a small fortune to come to see me. ($8.00 American dollars each x 4 people). I told them that I'd say goodbye now. They were going to bring Johane again to say good-bye to me and I told them to save their money...don't waste it on me.
As they drove off in the tap-tap with their luggage full of fun things for the family, again I felt good that God used us all in this special adventure of His. I hope you have had fun shaing this special time with us all. It has been a real adventure for my family. Johane has been a blessing to us, to Messiah, to HDI, and to so many people through the sharing of our hearts and our goods.
Thank-you to everyone who sent clothes and games, toys and spent time with Johane. You have been a blessing to both her and to me. Her experiences will last a life time. As they say:..visa...$XXX.00, plane ticket...$XXX.00, baby sitter...XXX.00, sharing your life with a little Haitian princess...PRICELESS.

Hebrews13:10 And do not forget to do good and to share with others, for with such sacrifices God is pleased.

Some things are indeed Priceless.
Thank-you and God Bless you always.
Cynthia Kreil and Johane Dort

No comments: